Friday, December 12, 2014

Paper Ornaments

I love Christmastime and crafting! So, I dug out a pad of printed holiday papers and some ribbon I bought at Michael's a few years ago and decided to put them to use. These paper ornaments take some time to trace and cut out, but once you have all of your materials ready they are quite easy to assemble. I used printed card stock, but you can use construction paper, lighter weight printed papers and even wrapping paper to make these. 

3D Paper Ornament


Trace your ornament. I used a wooden ornament I bought at Michael's for $1.49.


Cut them out. I used four cut-outs for this ornament. 


Fold each one in half and then glue the backs together.

Before you glue the last one in place,
insert the ribbon at the center where they all meet.


Trim off any excess paper.


Hang on your tree.



I also tried 2D ornaments using holiday cookie cutters as stencils.
Just add ribbon to the center and glue the two shapes together.


These are quite simple but you can embellish with
glitter, 3D paint, stitching, buttons, ... if you wish.


This batch is for my nephew and his second grade classmates :)



No comments:

Post a Comment