Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Painting II

I have to be honest and say that the last few weeks have been tough in terms of motivation; to create, go outside, be social. I strive to be positive and optimistic, but I cannot lie. This weather has put me in serious hibernation mode. Really, I'm only asking for 45 degree weather with little or no precipitation of the white and freezing variety. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

But then I wouldn't have noticed, with such great enthusiasm, that the birds were chirping loudly this morning and that the sun was trying really hard to shine in through the window. My hubby even mentioned their chatter. I can still hear them as I write this post :)  

Thankfully, I am enrolled in a Painting class which has been quite wonderful (and has kept my sluggishness in check). I have taken several classes with Margaret Krug and she is just so knowledgeable and kind.

Painting II Exercises in Progress

Copying a master painting: first make a sketch, then transfer with tracing paper onto canvas


Imprimatura:; a thin veil of color


Underpainting


color inventory


drawing of my chair for a painting sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment