Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Women: Soheila

I have the great fortune of being surrounded, and I mean surrounded, by amazing women. My mom and three sisters, countless female cousins, friends and teachers... I really mean surrounded.

Over the years, many, many of these wonderful women have moved to far off places in the states and abroad. Every time one left, my heart grew a little emptier. It took a long time for my stubborn expectations to allow me to see anything positive about this loss. Expectations are a serious thing that sometimes keep us unable to move forward and grow...

Today, each visit from one of my far away ladies leaves me a little richer in laughter and tears and love and experience. I treasure these moments and try hard not to place expectations even on these visits. I try to enjoy each of these moments and put them away like little treasures
where there used to be empty spaces.

Today I wanted to highlight this beautiful lady, Soheila.

We have worked together and traveled together...



We've shared milestones and celebrations...



We both married Taurus men (this alone is a bonding experience, lol)...


We are comadres (her son is my godson)...


She was one of my first art teachers, setting up still lives on her kitchen table while she cooked and took care of her two beautiful babies...

Today, I celebrate this lady,
And I get to see this lady!
My empty space grows smaller and smaller :)






No comments:

Post a Comment