Wednesday, November 19, 2014

When you don't know where to begin...

There are so many wonderful resources for creative inspiration today; youtube tutorials, blogs, online workshops, pinterest... But, before I became better aware of social media as a resource, my go-to were books (I still prefer them to nooks, tablets, etc.). There's nothing like the visual and tactile experience of flipping through the pages of a book.

And so I share a few books that have pushed me along when I didn't know how or where to begin (or how to continue). They have also inspired some classroom work with my students.

Drawing Lab: for Mixed Media Artists
Art Lab for Kids
Water Paper Paint
Then step away from it all and remember that the greatest source of inspiration is your own life; the people, places and things that surround you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment