Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Painting II

This coming Saturday will be my last Painting II session at Parsons Continuing Ed Program. My instructor, Margaret, is a wonderful and kind teacher who is so knowledgable about Venetian oil
painting methods.  This is the third painting class I've taken with her (one of them was a two week intensive class in Italy. I'll tell you more about that soon), and each time I come away with a better understanding of this method and I feel like I grow in my process. You can visit her website here.

Our last class will be a celebration of our work and progress, with presentations and talks. Here are two of the paintings I will be presenting with a glimpse of the process.

Notebook sketches




Composition


Drawing with a bit of shading


Cartoon/transfer


Transfer on board covered in linen and home-made gesso


Underpainting in naples yellow and terre verte




Indigo blue, chromatic greys.
Almost done. Just need to work on that spoon on the right.

AND REPEAT












No comments:

Post a Comment