Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Singapore Part I

Did I mention that I went to Singapore for the holidays???!!! I was initially very nervous about this trip because I'm afraid of flying (though I force myself to get on a plane about once a year). The twenty-plus hour journey was all that I could think about, and having to do that twice, because I would eventually need to get home, gave me anxiety. My husband, however, rarely asks to plan a vacation, and this was a big deal because I would be meeting my mother-in-law's family. I know to some this sounds crazy. Countless people would have packed a bag as soon as the opportunity presented itself. I am a worrier by nature though, so I had to do that before calming myself down, thinking more rationally, and eventually relenting and saying yes. Thank you, thank you, Lim for making me brave enough to venture outside of my comfort zone. This was truly an amazing experience. Even the twenty-plus hour journey.

Layover at Dubai International Airport
Dates, dates and more dates... 



Sweet Treats: I have yet to try Turkish delight, but it always reminds me
of the book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis


A variety of Baklava


Jars filled with herbs and spices


Lovely bottles of rose water


Camel milk chocolate



Gardens by the Bay


My first meal in Singapore


I tried stingray! It tasted like cod :)



This could be straight out of Avatar. That amazing building in the background is the Marina Bay Sands


The Supertrees at Gardens by the Bay


So much gorgeous greenery and plant life












The Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay


Inside the Flower Dome,
all decked out in it's Christmas finest.








Christmas Village




Man-made mountain and waterfall in the Cloud Forest




The Marina Bay Sands all lit up


The Supertrees at night

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment