Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer Days

I am not going to lie and say that I love going to the beach in New York (when you think of New York do you think of beaches???). I have actually never been a real beach goer because I tend to be a bit high maintenance. My pale skin, inherited from my Ecuadorian mother, needs shade. I feel like I can't breathe if I don't have some reprieve from the heat, like splashing in the waves, swimming in a pool or sitting on a nice lounge chair under a big umbrella. My husband has taken me on a few beach holidays and I am now spoiled!

But, when my little sis, who will soak up the rays and listen to the waves anywhere, asked if I wanted to go to Coney Island yesterday, I thought I'd oblige. Especially since I usually say no, and because she said we'd only be there for a couple of hours (Last year I went with her once :).

Well, it turned out to be a lovely Daycation! There was a constant breeze despite the 86 degrees, I managed to get a bit of color and on the way back we stopped at the best taco joint in Bay Ridge to have a margarita (Yes, only one. It's Monday people).

Coney Island



Me and My Sis (I'm the one on the left)

Best Margaritas in The Ridge

Happy Summer Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment