Monday, September 8, 2014

Decorating Writer’s Notebooks: Part I

I started my first Writer’s Notebook when I switched from teaching 1st grade to 4th grade. My teaching partner at the time insisted I keep one. It only made sense that we try out what we were asking the students to do. I think I may have been more excited than the class to decorate my notebook and write my first entries. I’m excited now to decorate some new notebooks, which will hopefully inspire me to write.

Going through my stash and getting materials ready.
First notebook: brown take out bag, sharpie markers and flare pen.

Trace the notebook onto the paper. If you want tabs, leave an extra inch around when cutting.

Use a glue stick to make sure cover stays on.
Use extra paper for the inside cover.
You can use stencils to start drawing a design.
Add black marker and colored pencils to your drawing.
Last but not least, add lots...

...and lots of doodles ( I used my doodle book for inspiration).
And we are ready for writing!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment