Friday, September 19, 2014

Drawing

I am so excited! I started my Drawing II class this week and it was so wonderful to be in a classroom again. I couldn't help but notice all of the young college kids walking around the city, filling it with such energy and possibility. For a moment I felt like I was 18 again (even though I was the oldest person in my class, lol).  I was initially a tiny bit worried about how intense the class would be and the amount of work we would have to do, but the instructor was so laid back and the other students were so very nice, that I instantly felt at home.

There was a live model for the first class and we got right to drawing the figure. First a try it, then 1 and 2 minute drawings, and last a few 5 minute drawings. We each made about 35 gesture drawings. You have to draw a lot of crap to get to a few good ones. ;)

First try it (we had about 10 minutes for this one).


I can't remember if these were 1 or 2 minute gesture drawings?


Five minute drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment