Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Delaware

A quick overnight trip to Delaware last week (to pick up my mom who was traveling to Ecuador via JFK) went something like this…

·      Walk into house to the smell of zucchini pie baking in the oven and meat sauce on the stove (my mom always cooks for an army and always prepares food for dad before any extended trip).
·      Take mom to T.J. Maxx to buy a travel handbag (hers has seen better days).
·      Go home and have lunch; arroz con gandules (yellow rice with pigeon peas),  fried chicken and salad.
·      Visit mom’s garden. The squash has completely taken over and this reminds me of the book Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White.










·       Back in the car for a quick trip to Michaels to use birthday gift card. Found a “new” doodle book called Zenspirations: Letters and Patterns by Joanne Fink. Mom reminds me that I bought her this book. Continued shopping and bought a bunch of goodies for upcoming projects. Too many ideas in my head!!!
·       Back to the house for some art journaling.


No comments:

Post a Comment